Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lunchbots Snack Duo



Another fun and exciting product I got from BzzAgent

Bento Boxes are the new 'thing' for school lunches these days.  They are fun, encourage kids to eat healthier and save the enviornment by not using plastic baggies that get thrown away.




If you want to know more about bento boxes head on over to my friends blog One Cool Lunch.

Ok now onto....




I started packing little bento boxes for my kids lunch this year.  I went out and got some of the Ziploc divided containers to pack mine in.  part of the reason was because I wanted to stay with a cheap container to see how it went and how receptive the kids were without making a big money commitment.

With all the concerns lately about BPA and other bad things in plastic alot of 'crunchy' moms are heading to more durable, non man made elements for things that hold their kids food.

One statement from Lunchbot site - "One excellent choice is food containers made of stainless steel, an alloy composed of natural elements. Inert and sanitary, stainless steel poses no health risks, is widely used in the food industry, and will not impart peculiar tastes or smells to your food."

Lunchbot offers a variety of different products.  Like the divided snack container that they sent me.


Lunch size with no dividers , 2, 3 or four compartments.






They also offer containers for soup.


And as you can see above these all come is a variety of colors.

The snack one that I got is great for putting little snacks in and throwing in Caitlyns diaper bag.  The divider allows you to pack 2 snacks and the container is really sturdy.

Would I go out and buy the lunch ones for the boys lunches?  No for 2 reasons.  One, the Ziploc ones are doing a good enough job and Two, I did not have enough time and creativity to put together a fun, exciting, new and different lunch together every day.  Am I bad mother because of this?  No, just a normal one that works and has a left brain (not much artsy fartsy stuff in there, mor math and logic). 

Also the price was kinda high for me.  Some people justify it because it will last forever, no plastic at all, and they are sturdy.

If you are the crunchy type or think they would be a great beginning to the bento adventure go out and buy these.  They are really nice and for a aluminum container the price is right.

The answer for this one is really a maybe for me




But I do find these can be a big thumbs up for others.


****   I received a snack Lunchbot Duo from BzzAgent and Lunchbot to try in exchange for a review and some face to face advertising.  However, all opinions expressed here are my own.****


No comments: